Charlie & Son Trash Service, Inc. - Service is more than just a word!
Rules, Regulations, & Procedures Governing Refuse Removal in the County
1. Household items such as furniture, tables, dressers, sofas, console TVs, microwave ovens, and large appliances are considered special pickups. There will be an EXTRA CHARGE.
2. All trash, grass, leaves, and flower bushes must be bagged, or put in the trash can, then be placed on the curb. Bushes or limbs are to be tied into 3- to 4-foot lengths.
3. NO remodeling debris such as wallboard, lumber from decking, or shingles will be taken. Carpet, carpet padding, sinks, toilets, cabinets, tiles, and flooring are considered remodeling debris. If you have a question, please call the office before you put it out on the curb. NOTE: We have roll-off boxes for the big jobs and pick-up trucks for the smaller jobs.
4. A 35 lb. weight restriction on bags and cans. NOTE: We use our own discretion to determine weight.
5. We do not carry rocks, sod, dirt, bricks, wood, cinder blocks, iron, any hazardous material or paint.
6. Brush with thorns must be neatly tied up or cut up and put in a can.
7. We have a six to eight bag limit on grass and leaves per pickup.
8. Fireplace ashes are the responsibility of the homeowners, making sure they are safe to carry.
9. Pick–up will begin at 5:00 A.M. on your pickup day.
10. When a holiday falls on your pickup day, there will be NO PICKUP. NOTE: Pickup will be made on your next scheduled pickup day. Our holidays are as follows:
11. If you receive a roll away cart (totter) and recycling bin, you will be responsible if lost, destroyed, stolen or damaged in any way. There will be a charge assessed by our office,
12. An administrative fee ($5.00) will be added to payments made after the 10th due date.
NOTICE: There is a $35.00 fee assessed on all returned checks. If payments are not received and the collection process is necessary, our attorney fees will be assessed. We do not offer refunds. If you have questions regarding our policy or procedures, please notify our office at (703) 670-9652. This is our agreement to provide your refuse services.
If you are under "contract," please refer to your rules established by your Association.
For recycling questions, please contact our office at (703) 670-9652.
*As Required by Ordinances/Guidelines* (Revised: Jan 2009)